Award-Winning San Luis Obispo Car Accident Lawyer
Have You Been Injured in a California Car Accident?
Thousands of people die in California each year as a result of fatal car accidents. The injuries sustained in an automobile crash vary greatly, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to lifelong disabling injuries, such as paralysis or traumatic brain injuries. Some victims of car accidents are unable to work or care for their families. Even a minor accident can lead to financial struggles and stress. If you or a loved one suffered in a California automobile accident, you need to speak with a San Luis Obispo car accident lawyer.
Under California state law, individuals who suffer personal injuries due to someone’s negligent or neglectful actions are entitled to recover damages in the form of monetary compensation. While many people believe that insurance companies will jump in and come to their aid, they are unfortunately slow to respond and often don’t present fair settlement offers, which sometimes forces people to settle for less than their injury claim is worth. This is why you must retain an experienced San Luis Obispo car accident lawyer.
Earl E. Conaway, III, A Professional Law Corporation, is the recipient of The National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers.” Having spent more than a decade focusing on representing personal injury and auto accident cases, we have the necessary experience to ensure that you receive the highest and best settlement or award for your injury claim.
Do not make the mistake of thinking that you can negotiate with insurance companies. You get one chance at a settlement to help cover your necessary medical expenses, and you must receive compensation to cover past, present and future monies.
Exceptional San Luis Obispo Car Accident Lawyer Representation
Our firm has successfully handled many personal injury claims from motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Truck Accidents - If a negligent truck driver has injured you, our legal team can assist in researching and representing your case. In many truck accidents, liability can extend to the employer, which affords victims even higher compensation amounts.
- Rideshare Accidents - A rideshare accident occurs when you are in a collision with a taxi, Lyft or Uber driver. Company drivers are required to carry both company and personal insurance coverage. However, these claims can be complicated, especially if you are the victim of an accident.
- Hit and Run Accidents - A hit and run accident involves someone who leaves the scene of the accident without stopping, identifying themselves or providing aid to anyone in need of assistance. Whether or not they caused the accident, leaving the scene is illegal and may come with criminal penalties depending on the circumstances.
- Distracted Driving - There are generally four different types of distracted driving.
- Visual - When your attention is on something other than the road.
- Auditory - Hearing something that does not relate to operating or driving a vehicle, such as talking on a cell phone.
- Manual - Touching something other than the steering wheel, such as texting.
- Cognitive - Zoning out and thinking about something other than driving.
- Drunk Driving - California has some of the strictest impaired driving (DUI) laws in the state. If someone is drunk driving and hits you, it is essential that you work with a well-versed San Luis Obispo car accident lawyer to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
You Can Recover Damages from Defective Safety Devices in Cars
In some cases, negligent drivers are not the cause of the accident, but defective safety devices are to blame. Unfortunately, vehicles may fail, which can cause or contribute to an auto accident. A defect may cause serious injuries, even in what would have been a minor collision.
Types of defective safety devices:
- Steering Mechanisms
To receive compensation for a defective safety device from a manufacturer, a San Luis Obispo car accident attorney will prove that had the equipment not been defective, you would not have sustained severe injuries. We must hold automobile manufacturers responsible for faulty products to avoid others from being injured.
Contact a San Luis Obispo Car Accident Lawyer and Learn Your Legal Options
If you are the victim of a car accident, you may be suffering from extreme pain, exhaustion and confusion. One of the last things you need on your mind is the headache of figuring out the next steps in your legal recovery process and how to receive just compensation for your injuries. The best decision you can make in the event of an accident is to contact a qualified attorney who has experience in personal injury law.
If you are the victim of an accident, an experienced San Luis Obispo car accident lawyer can help you secure the necessary compensation from the responsible party to help facilitate your recovery. Not all attorneys are equally qualified to handle personal injury cases, which is why it is essential to select a car accident law firm that has years of experience handling automobile cases in the state of California.
Earl E. Conaway, III, A Professional Law Corporation, is dedicated to representing victims of car accidents. We offer free case consultations and return all emails and phone calls within 24 hours. If you are not able to visit our California office location, we can arrange to meet at your house or the hospital. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our legal staff.