Skilled San Luis Obispo Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer for Top Compensation
California Personal Injury Lawyers for Severe Brain Injuries
If you or a loved one suffers from a brain injury that was the result of someone’s negligence, a San Luis Obispo traumatic brain injury lawyer can navigate the complex legal and medical issues surrounding these types of cases. Earl E. Conaway, III and his legal team are highly skilled at evaluating and representing these personal injury cases.
Brain injuries and damage can be caused by a variety of issues, including a car accident, medical malpractice, toxic industrial products, a slip and fall accident, a blow to the head or even a bad birthing experience. Victims who suffer from head injuries and brain damage may lose some or all of their mental functions and reasoning abilities. The brain is a complex organ that controls not only our ability to think and reason but also our physical body. Losing even one of these abilities can have devastating consequences for the victim and their family.
Our San Luis Obispo Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Seeks Compensation Fights to Maximize Your Damages
Some people do not demonstrate brain damage immediately, while others suffer symptoms instantly following an accident. Victims suffering from severe head or brain injuries require constant medical care that lasts a lifetime.
An experienced San Luis Obispo traumatic brain injury lawyer will help determine what types of damages to seek in traumatic brain injury cases. Consider the following examples:
- Medical Bills - Whether it’s the initial emergency room costs or life-support services, having medical bills covered is beneficial to both the victim and their family.
- Medical Monitoring - Sometimes, brain damage does not develop immediately, which means that medical staff will have to conduct regular monitoring to determine brain damage over time.
- Lost Wages - If the victim has to take time off from work to recover or if they are unable to work in the future, it can be problematic for the entire family.
- Impairment of Earning Capacity - If the victim cannot work full-time following the accident, their earning capacity is thereby diminished and this financial burden may be included in potential damages.
- Pain and Suffering - Whether the victim experiences short or long-term suffering and impairment, this can dramatically affect the quality of life, especially if they suffer from incontinence, chronic headaches or paralysis.
- Lifestyle Changes - Severe brain injuries can leave the victim unable to perform various activities and enjoy the lifestyle to which they were accustomed before their accident. Whether the victim can no longer play with their children or workout at the gym, the quality of their overall lifestyle has decreased.
- Future Damages - If additional medical problems arise in the future related to the accident or brain trauma, such as Alzheimer’s, strokes or clinical depression, these should be covered under future damages.
- Life-Care - This may be necessary for any required home care or non-medical needs, such as the inability to drive, cook or care for oneself due to the accident.
- Punitive Damages - If the negligent party that caused the accident acted with malice or intent or in a reckless nature, your San Luis Obispo traumatic brain injury lawyer may be able to seek punitive damages to punish them for their actions further.
Contact an Experienced Law Firm for Help When You Need it Most
If you or a loved one suffers from a severe traumatic brain injury, contact Earl E. Conaway, III, A Professional Law Corporation today. Our skilled San Luis Obispo traumatic brain injury attorney offers free consultations and can visit you at home or at the hospital.