California Rideshare Accident Lawyer: Representing Victims of Lyft and Uber Accidents
Rideshares, such as Lyft and Uber, are becoming major transportation resources to residents of California. However, as with anything that gains popularity, so too does the risk of injury. Whether you are a pedestrian, driver or passenger involved in a rideshare accident, you may be able to receive compensation for your injury or claim.
If you are the victim of a rideshare accident, it’s vital that you contact Earl E. Conaway, III, A Professional Law Corporation, immediately, as it is necessary to begin gathering and preserving evidence as soon as possible. Our legal team will conduct an investigation into your car accident, gather any evidence and represent you in a settlement or in litigation to ensure that you receive the most money possible for your claim.
A common concern for rideshare accidents is who has liability - the rideshare driver or company? Our legal team will thoroughly review your claim to determine liability. Here are some considerations to factor into the liability claim:
- Were you a rideshare pedestrian, passenger or driver;
- What was the cause of your accident; and
- Was the rideshare driver working and on duty at the time the crash occurred.
Drivers for both Lyft and Uber are covered by a $1 million insurance policy while working and on duty. If the rideshare driver was working and caused the accident that resulted in your injuries, you can bring a claim against this policy. The same is true if you were a pedestrian, passenger or driver, or pedestrian of another vehicle involved in the accident. Another benefit is that these companies provide UIM/UM insurance policies, which cover both underinsured and uninsured motorists.
If the Lyft or Uber driver was NOT on duty at the time the accident occurred, your injury claim would then be against the driver’s personal insurance policy.
If you or a loved one was injured in a rideshare accident, the legal team at Earl E. Conaway, III, A Professional Law Corporation, can help you file a claim to hold the liable parties accountable for your damages, including lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering.
What to Do If You Are the Victim of a Rideshare Accident
If you have been involved in a rideshare accident, you should follow these steps to strengthen your settlement or litigation claim:
- Call 911 and make sure the police document the accident. Request medical assistance if it is required;
- Make sure to document the accident scene with time-stamped photos of the position of the vehicles, skid marks, injuries, property damage, weather conditions, traffic signs, intersections and the insides of vehicles;
- Take pictures of drivers’ licenses, license plates and drivers’ insurance cards;
- Write down all necessary insurance information for all drivers that are involved in the accident;
- Write down all witnesses’ contact information, sending them text messages immediately to confirm you have the correct phone numbers;
- If necessary, visit a doctor immediately to document your injuries; and
- Contact our legal team for a free case consultation.
Call for a Free Consultation with Top San Luis Obispo Rideshare Accident Lawyers
The office of Earl E. Conaway, III, A Professional Law Corporation, works closely with victims of rideshare accidents and offers free case consultations. Contact us today to arrange an appointment.