California Hit and Run Accident Lawyer for Accident Victims
Experience You Can Trust
If you or a loved one has been injured in a hit and run accident, you may be entitled to compensation under California law. Earl E. Conaway, III, A Professional Law Corporation, and his legal team have more than a decade of experience settling and litigating hit and run accidents that are the result of negligence.
Our legal team will work with you to answer any questions you may have, guiding you through the entire claims process. We will also immediately begin conducting a thorough investigation into your case, gathering all evidence, interviewing eyewitnesses, and providing aggressive representation on your behalf during settlement negotiations or litigation.
Never accept a settlement offer without first consulting an experienced San Luis Obispo hit and run attorney. Often, settlements are low and may not cover the full extent of your injuries.
Why Drivers Flee the Scene
It is against the law for drivers to flee the scene of accidents after striking a vehicle, motorcyclist, bicyclist or pedestrian. The driver must immediately stop and attempt to obtain aid for anyone who is injured. However, this does not always happen. Here are common reasons why drivers hit and run:
- Uninsured - The driver is driving illegally without insurance.
- Unlicensed - The driver doesn’t have a valid driver’s license.
- Status - The driver is in the country illegally and may fear deportation or arrest.
- Criminal Background - The driver has a criminal background and a warrant out for their arrest.
- Under the Influence - The driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and they may not realize an accident has occurred or the severity of their intoxication.
- Fear - Sometimes, drivers leave the scene because they panic out of fear.
- Unaware - Occasionally, drivers don’t realize they have hit a vehicle or pedestrian.
Even if a driver is not aware of their actions, they are still responsible under state law for their negligence. Criminally negligent drivers may face criminal penalties, loss of their license and years in jail.
Compensation for Injuries
If you are the victim of a hit and run accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
Schedule a Free Consultation with a San Luis Obispo Hit and Run Accident Attorney
Earl E. Conaway, III, A Professional Law Corporation, handles hit and run accidents in San Luis Obispo, California, and the greater surrounding areas. With a convenient location in downtown San Luis Obispo, we also schedule in-home and hospital visits, if required.
We excel in providing superior customer service, answering all our emails and phone calls within 24 hours. As a California native, Earl E. Conaway, III has deep roots in the local community and understands California hit and run laws.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We will not charge you upfront fees and will only get paid if we win your case and you receive either a settlement or award in court.